Without laughter, playgrounds would be silent except for the creaking of old swing sets and the trickling of tears into belowground aquifers. Celebrate the sound of mirth with today’s GrouponLive deal to Fort Lauderdale Comedy Club in Oakland Park. All standup comedy shows take place on Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get a comedy night for two (up to $40 total value), which includes:
- Two tickets for general-admission seating to a show of your choice (up to a $30 value)
Two drinks (up to a $10 value)<p>
- For $39, you get a comedy night for four (up to an $80 total value), which includes:
- Four tickets for general-admission seating to a show of your choice (up to a $60 value)
- Four drinks (up to a $20 value)<p>
The humor ambassadors of the Fort Lauderdale Comedy Club stock their Oakland Park stage with snickers and snorts as audiences savor the jokes of headlining local and national comedians. Shirking the detached feel of stuffy theaters, smoky halls, and abandoned wells, Fort Lauderdale Comedy Club grants audiences an intimate standup comedy experience as fans catch every punch line and smell every punch breath. The ever-changing calendar features a solid crew of human antidepressants, such as funnyman and Comedy Central Laugh Riots semifinalist Danny Johnson (January 27–28), who cooks up buffets of hee-haws with his observational humor and everyman appeal. Funny bones flee their ligaments as Shawn Banks (February 10–11) deposits hefty loads of family-fun humor and impressions into his engaging live-wire act. Groups of two or four can chase down meaty laughs with wine and beer or a refreshing, alcohol-free soda. Dress codes are comfortable and casual, and all hecklers will be shunned and turned into chum.