Because baseball games are no longer used to settle land disputes and damages from horse collisions, they've become the battleground for deciding which US city will be the first to move to the moon. Catch a nation-changing showdown with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for two-person package to see a Gary SouthShore RailCats baseball game (up to a $30 total value)
- Where: U.S. Steel Yard
- Seating: Box seating, marked in brown on the seating chart
- Door time: Two hours prior to first pitch
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Package Contents and Game Dates
The package includes the following:
- Two tickets (up to a $10 value each)
- $10 worth of Cat Coins, valid toward merchandise, concessions, and tickets
Choose from the following games:
- Against the Sioux Falls Canaries on Friday, August 16, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Canaries on Saturday, August 17, at 6:10 p.m.
- Against the Canaries on Sunday, August 18, at 2:10 p.m.
- Against the Wichita Wingnuts on Tuesday, August 20, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Wingnuts on Wednesday, August 21, at 7:10 p.m.
- Against the Wingnuts on Thursday, August 22, at 12:10 p.m.
- Against the El Paso Diablos on Saturday, August 31, at 6:10 p.m.
- Against the Diablos on Sunday, September 1, at 2:10 p.m.
- Against the Diablos on Labor Day—Monday, September 2—at 1:10 p.m.
Though the RailCats sometimes offer a discounted price online and student, child, senior, and military discounted tickets, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
The Scouting Report
Leaping to a 35–26 start through 61 games this season, the RailCats occupy the American Association Central Division's second-place spot. During a homestand from August 20–22, the team hopes to close in on first place as they tussle with the division-leading Wichita Wingnuts. The team looks for an offensive spark from outfielder Mike Massaro, who in 2012 became the second player in franchise history to reach 500 hits and set a team record by reaching home plate 76 times. He has continued that high level of play in 2013, batting an impressive .311 in 251 at-bats and proving to be as beneficial to the team's image as smudge-proof mirrors.
Gary SouthShore RailCats
During the Gary SouthShore RailCats' inaugural season in 2002, the players spent an estimated 200 hours on buses—traveling approximately 12,000 miles without their own ballpark to call home. Indeed, the diamond at U.S. Steel Yard was still under construction, forcing the team to play its entire first season on the road. But while the trip could have been a rocky way for an organization to start out, it instead forecasted a wild ride ahead in which the RailCats never stopped moving. After just four years, the RailCats captured their first Northern League title, marking the first of five straight appearances in the championship series—a Northern League record.
Despite that first year away from home, the RailCats seem to have settled in well at U.S. Steel Yard. Within the park, views of the South Shore commuter train remind fans of the team's origins, and a 55-foot scoreboard towers over left-centerfield in much the same way early pitchers once towered over batters from atop a stack of milk crates.
97% of 73 customers recommend
“Get there early for parking. Very nice park. We had a wonderful time.”
“Any seat is a great seat”
“enjoy yourself. it is a good game and a great park.”