Great songwriters know everything about their craft, from all the scales to the few words that rhyme with "small-town steel mill experiencing financial difficulties." Watch a master at work with this GrouponLive deal.
- $28.41 for one G-Pass to see Matt Nathanson and Gavin DeGraw with Special Guest Mary Lambert (up to $47.35 value)
- When: Thursday, July 17, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Toledo Zoo Amphitheater
- Seating: rows T–CC of sections F–L
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- How Matt built his fan base: nonstop touring, a surplus of charisma, and sunny songs that practically dare fans not to smile
- Evidence of his pop-loving sensibilities and humor: the latest single, “Kinks Shirt,” about digging a girl who digs the Kinks, with a video directed by Bobcat Goldthwait
- New record you should check out pre-show: Last of the Great Pretenders
- Best Matt Nathanson song to taunt aspiring pilots with: “Come On Get Higher”
- Shows that have featured Matt’s tunes: The Vampire Diaries, American Idol, NCIS, and One Tree Hill
- What Matt says fans should expect from the show: “new songs, new stories, a white Bengal tiger and confetti cannons” (but not really the last two)
- What Gavin and Matt have in common: they’re both natural showmen with large grassroots followings, they croon artful lyrics with acoustic-pop sensibilities, and they both planted songs on One Tree Hill
- Gavin’s Hill song: “I Don’t Want to Be,” the theme to the series
- Other hits that have kept him on the pop charts: “Chariot,” “In Love with a Girl,” and “Best I Ever Had”
- Where he honed his talent: the Berklee School of Music, which he attended alongside John Mayer
- Where you’ve seen him lately: on Dancing with the Stars, touring with Train, and serenading on The Bachelor
- His latest Top 10 album inspired by his impatience in chess: Make a Move