- $28 for one ticket to see Phil Vassar (up to $54.10 value)
- When: Genesee Theatre
- When: Wednesday, March 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Seating: rows T–DD of the orchestra
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
- His Sound: home-grown American country, full of fiddle, slide guitar, tinkling piano, and deep-throated vocals
- For Fans Of: Tim McGraw, Jo Dee Messina, Collin Raye, and Alan Jackson (Vassar co-wrote songs for each)
- Where to Begin: Vassar’s two Billboard-topping hits, “Just Another Day in Paradise” (from his 2000 self-titled debut) and “In a Real Love” (from 2004’s _ Shaken Not Stirred_)
Genesee Theatre began its life with a sellout. Opening its doors on Christmas Day 1927, it welcomed audiences to four sold-out movie screenings, but those flickering stories weren't the only attraction. A $25,000 pipe organ—and that's in old-timey dollars—immediately caught the eye, while Italian marble, a stunning chandelier, and the building's Spanish Renaissance–style architecture dazzled.
Over the years, many changes occurred, the glamorous quotient rising or dipping with the times and the theater closing altogether in 1989. But when it reopened again in 2004, it was back in full force. Antique chandeliers and fixtures of the period had been brought in from around the country, the luxe carpet had been re-created from a 1927 photograph, and all the dust bunnies had been sent packing with generous severance packages. Yet not all the updates were of the old-fashioned sort: the stage was doubled in size, and cutting-edge technology was brought in to give the theatre's high-voltage visitors, from comedians to musicians, the star treatment.