Concert-goers sometimes leave with a memento handed down from the stage, such as a drumstick, a set list, or a plastic baggy full of famous-person sweat. Go home happy with this GrouponLive deal.
- $19 for one ticket to George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic (up to $37.40 value)
- When: Saturday, August 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Ace of Spades
- General admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic
- George Clinton: the father of funk
- His aliases: Dr. Funkenstein, Mr. Wiggles the Worm, commander of The Mothership
- His noggin: filled with musical brilliance, and topped with colorful wigs and extensions
- Parliament-Funkadelic: his music collective
- 36: number of years they’ve been bringing righteous beats to the dance-starved masses
- 15: number of members in Parliament-Funkadelic inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 1: number of George Clintons inducted that same day
- P-Funk hits: “Flashlight,” “Atomic Dog,” “One Nation Under a Groove”
Ace of Spades
Surrounded by the former warehouses of Sacramento’s R Street District, Ace of Spades heightens the concert-going experience with a moodily industrial ambiance. Four bars spaced around the venue keep drinks freshened as the blistering guitar solos onstage melt ice, and vintage lights and crimson wallpaper decorate the main bar.