Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this Groupon.
- $10 for two general admission tickets to Ghostlight Theatre’s production of The Odd Couple (a $20 value)
- Where: Sunago Recreation Center
- Seating: General Admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees <p>
Dates and Times
- Friday, April 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20 at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20 at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27 at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27 at 7:00 p.m.<p>
The Odd Couple
A comedic ode to chums of conflicting temperaments, Neil Simon’s Tony Award–winning The Odd Couple has split sides around the world since its premiere in 1965. The comedy’s plot revolves around the lives of two mismatched friends—Oscar, the muddled and loveable curmudgeon, and finicky Felix, a fastidious news writer whose marriage is ending. After deciding to live together, the trouble starts in earnest: Oscar irritates Felix with his less-than-stellar cleaning habits, while Felix’s depressed state and mounting stress levels drive his roommate up the walls. The memorable characters, whip-quick dialogue, and consistent chuckles have made the play a favorite of theaters since its premiere, spawning the classic 1968 film (starring Jack Lemmon as Felix and Walter Matthau, who originated the role on Broadway, as Oscar) as well as an ABC sitcom and several adaptations.
Local thespians Matt McAuley and Richard Vines banded together with the Dysart Community Education Department to conceptualize Ghostlight Theatre on the tenets of entertaining and educating the community with the dramatic arts. The theatre's live productions give members of the community an opportunity to flex their theatrical muscles through acting, designing costumes, and pursuing careers as prop trees. Meanwhile, Ghostlight Theatre’s summer camps prepare budding thespians aged 10–18 for their moments in the spotlight.