- $39 for one ticket to see Gladys Knight (up to $79 value)
- When: Thursday, May 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Seating: rows W–LL
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- Her nickname: the Empress of Soul
- 16: the age when she released her debut album with The Pips
- 7: the number of Grammy awards she’s earned
- Where you’ve heard her powerhouse voice: on the hits “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” “Midnight Train to Georgia,” “Every Beat of My Heart,” and “That’s What Friends Are For”
- Where you’ve seen her: on your TV screen if you were watching her guest spots on A Different World, Living Single, and 30 Rock
- Where you’ve danced with her: in your living room as you watched her perform on Dancing with the Stars
- Where you can see her name on a star cemented in a sidewalk: the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- What to expect at her live show: according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, “between-song chatter that’s almost as entertaining as the music”
Ruth Eckerd Hall
A bastion of family-friendly arts and entertainment since its curtain first rose in 1983, Ruth Eckerd Hall demonstrates its commitment to the community through concerts, movie screenings, and all-ages education at the Marcia P. Hoffman Performing Arts Institute. Graduates of the school go on to star in musical and theater productions on the stage, overlooking 2,180 sloping seats arranged continental style for great sightlines and impeccable acoustics.