- Admission to Global Visions Festival 2014
- When: Thursday, May 8–Thursday, May 15
- Where: the opening-night film will be screened at Royal Alberta Museum. All other films will be screened at either Art Gallery of Albert or Metro Cinema Society. See the schedule for more information.
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6 p.m. on opening night; door times vary for all other screenings
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for two tickets to see Above All Else and attend the festival’s opening night festivities on Thursday, May 8, at 6:45 p.m. (up to $35.54 value)
- $12 for two tickets to attend one documentary film (up to $29.36 value)
- $20 for four tickets to attend one documentary film (up to $58.71 value)
- Click here to view the schedule.
Global Visions Festival 2014
Above All Else Trailer
- Above All Else (U.S.A., 2014): A retired high-wire artist fights to keep the Keystone XL pipeline from crossing his land, calling others to join him in a treetop blockade.
- 30 Ghosts (Canada, 2013): All Kim Hatfield wants to do is prove to the world that ghosts exist, but her quest takes a personal toll.
- The Cast Against 8 (U.S.A., 2014): Filmed over the course of five years, this documentary takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Supreme Court battle to overturn California’s controversial gay marriage ban.
- Hikikomori (France, 2013): The film tells the story of Japanese youths who remain hidden in their bedrooms for years, cut off from social interaction.
- Fire in the Blood (India, 2013): This piece investigates the role western pharmaceutical companies played in the international AIDS crisis.
- Click here to view a full list of films in the festival.