- Single- or three-day pass to the Beach Brawl 2015 roller-derby event, hosted by the Gold Coast Derby Grrls
- Where: Broward Convention Center
- When: Friday, June 12, through Sunday, June 14
- Door times: 9 a.m. on Friday and Sunday; 8:30 a.m. on Saturday
- Seating: General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Children aged 5 and under receive free admission.
- $10 for a single-day pass ($16.52 value). Choose from three options: Friday or Sunday at 10 a.m. or Saturday at 9 a.m.
- $20 for a three-day pass ($37.22 value)
Beach Brawl 2015
For the second year in a row, roller derby teams from all over the world will descend upon south Florida for Beach Brawl 2015, a fully sanctioned Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) international invitational tournament. Spread across three days at Broward Convention Center, the tournament will unfold across multiple tracks as 24 domestic and international roller-derby teams compete in pursuit of flat-track glory. All told, four different continents and eight different countries will be represented, including Sweden, Finland, and West Finland (currently known as England). The U.S. will have a strong showing, too, with teams from a dozen states set to participate and defend home track against the world’s best bouters.
Gold Coast Derby Grrls
You’ve probably heard the saying “There’s no I in team.” For the Gold Coast Derby Grrls, there’s no I in team name, either. This commitment to teamwork is fitting for an organization that started as a small, local team in 2007 but has since grown into a member league of the national Women’s Flat Track Derby Association. Women from all walks of life have donned GCDG colors over the years—even ones who’ve never donned a pair of skates or welded their own kneepads before. That’s because the league welcomes any individual who’s interested in learning the sport, offering to teach women from all backgrounds how to skate, score, and compete for a starting spot on the travel team.