Image: Last year’s winner, 16 year old Elizabeth Hendy.
- $9 for one ticket to Goldwasser Young Artist Concerto Competition Finals (up to $15 value)
- When: Sunday, February 22 at 3 p.m.
- Where: United Methodist Church of Red Bank
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Goldwasser Young Artist Concerto Competition
- Who’s playing: Six gifted young New Jersey classical musicians who’ve played at Julliard, Manhattan School of Music, and Westminster Conservatory, and performed with the Philadelphia Orchestra and in a number of other competitions
- What they’ll play: Concertos from masters such as Mendelssohn, Mozart, Prokofiev, and Tchaikovsky
- What’s at stake: The chance to perform and solo with the Monmouth Symphony Orchestra in the coming season, a cash prize, and yet another impressive award for their college applications
The Monmouth Symphony Orchestra
When The Monmouth Symphony Orchestra played its first note in 1948, it actually had a different name: Spring Lake Sinfonietta. By 1950 it was known as the Monmouth Little Symphony, but by 1960, it had gained such a following that "little" ceased to apply. So its name changed again, this time to its current moniker, and since then its presence has only continued to grow. Today after over 65 seasons of concerts, The Monmouth Symphony Orchestra continues to make live orchestral music available to Monmouth County, New Jersey with its roster of over 60 dedicated and passionate musicians. its credits include shows at Carnegie Hall and the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove, and its roster of visiting artists includes world-renowned musicians.