What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to see Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry (up to $34 value)
- When: Friday, August 29, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Starlight Theatre
- Seating: terrace rows S–Z
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
Goo Goo Dolls
- How iconic Goo Goo Doll’s “Iris” is: Billboard ranked it #1 on its list of Top 100 Pop Songs from 1992–2012
- Other hits from their nearly 30 year career: “Slide,” “Name,” “Black Balloon”
- Their kickoff single from 2013’s Magnetic: the shimmering, dance-beat-laced “Rebel Beat”
- “Rebel Beat”’s message, according to singer John Rzeznik: “no matter what, you’ve got to have fun”
- What such hits earned Rzeznik: a spot in the Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Daughtry’s genesis: after Chris Daughtry came in fourth on season five of American Idol, his group’s debut: Daughtry became the fastest-selling rock debut in Soundscan history
- Essential tracks: “It’s Not Over”, “Home”, “What About Now”, “Crawling Back to You”, “September”, “Waiting For Superman”
- Number of American Music Awards won: 4
- Number of Grammy nominations: 4
- Their latest album: 2013’s Baptized
Among other things, the Starlight Theatre was born out of an eagerness to impress a woman with a fancy hat. In 1925, a visit from Romania’s Queen Marie led the Kansas City Federation of Music to organize a showcase of some of the city’s finest musicians—a performance they opened to the public as well. The response was overwhelming and gave the city the push needed to plan for a permanent outdoor venue. Since then, the Starlight’s stage has seen stars of rock, comedy, pop, and Broadway, including Jerry Lewis, who personally paid for a stage extension to bring him closer to his audience. A star of a different sort to steal the spotlight was President Harry Truman, who made a special appearance on the opening night of Mr. President, only to be rushed away by ambulance during intermission due to an attack of appendicitis.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 29, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/23 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Starlight Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Starlight Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.