What You'll Get
- One ticket to see Gracie Curran with Victor Wainwright and Friends
- When: Saturday, November 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Larcom Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $13.50 for economy seating (up to $22.95 value)
- $17.50 for standard seating (up to $28.95 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Her voice: a slow-motion explosion, showering ears with a hearty passion reminiscent of Mavis Staples and Bonnie Raitt
- Her accomplices: The High Fallutin’ Band, which sets Curran’s croon to airtight funk and blues grooves, complete with a swinging horn section
- What Alternative Root Magazine calls her Jimi Award-nominated debut album, Proof of Love: “A five-alarm stew of blues, gospel, and soul that burns in your gut like the first time you heard Aretha Franklin’s ‘I Never Love a Man.’”
- His voice: raspy, casked in bourbon, and reminiscent of blues-jazz legend Dr. John
- His piano style: a boogie-woogie shuffle that earned him the Pinetop Perkins Piano Player Award at the Blues Music Awards
- What American Blues Scene says of Victor and his three-piece backing group, The Wild Roots: “He IS honky-tonk and boogie, with a dose of rolling thunder…Wainwright’s playing is simply beautiful madness.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 1, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 11/1 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Larcom Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects gimmeLIVE’s current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Economy Seats in balcony may have an obstructed view; call to inquire. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.