- One ticket to see Gracie Curran with Victor Wainwright and Friends
- When: Saturday, November 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Larcom Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $13.50 for economy seating (up to $22.95 value)
- $17.50 for standard seating (up to $28.95 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Her voice: a slow-motion explosion, showering ears with a hearty passion reminiscent of Mavis Staples and Bonnie Raitt
- Her accomplices: The High Fallutin’ Band, which sets Curran’s croon to airtight funk and blues grooves, complete with a swinging horn section
- What Alternative Root Magazine calls her Jimi Award-nominated debut album, Proof of Love: “A five-alarm stew of blues, gospel, and soul that burns in your gut like the first time you heard Aretha Franklin’s ‘I Never Love a Man.’”
- His voice: raspy, casked in bourbon, and reminiscent of blues-jazz legend Dr. John
- His piano style: a boogie-woogie shuffle that earned him the Pinetop Perkins Piano Player Award at the Blues Music Awards
- What American Blues Scene says of Victor and his three-piece backing group, The Wild Roots: “He IS honky-tonk and boogie, with a dose of rolling thunder…Wainwright’s playing is simply beautiful madness.”