- $18 for one ticket to MoveMedia presented by Grand Rapids Ballet (up to $30.50 value)
- Where: Peter Martin Wege Theatre
- Seating: best available
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
Dates and Times
- Friday, March 13, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 14, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 15, at 2 p.m. Doors open at 1 p.m.
- What it is: contemporary dance pieces heightened by a striking visual collage of elaborate costumes, props, lighting, and digital media
- Who’s behind it: all-new locally & internationally recognized choreographers, including Susan Jaffe, American Ballet Theatre’s former principal dancer and University of North Carolina School of the Arts’ current Dean of Dance
- What the New York Times calls her: “America’s quintessential American ballerina”
- What else to expect: original works from Sagi Gross, Andrea Schermoly, and Yuka Oba
- “W” words that Jeffrey Kaczmarczyk of MLive used to describe the choreography: “wide-ranging, wild, and wonderful”
Grand Rapids Ballet
The seeds of the Grand Rapids Ballet were planted in 1971, with the founding of the city's Civic Ballet. Twelve years later, another cultural program started up: the Summerfest School of Grand Rapids, an academy for the development of professional dancers. The two eventually merged, and the Grand Rapids Ballet was born. Although the Civic Ballet and Summerfest School are now a single entity, the GRBC upholds both of their missions, training young performers and putting on classic productions, and contemporary choreographies.