All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Classical music boosts listeners’ brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this deal.
- One ticket to Grand Rapids Symphony presents “Cirque Mechanics”
- When: Saturday, April 20, at 3 p.m.
- Where: DeVos Performance Hall
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $24 for side-orchestra, middle-mezzanine or middle-balcony section (up to a $49 value)
- $33 for center-orchestra, front-mezzanine or front-balcony section (up to a $66 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Partnering with Cirque Mechanics, Grand Rapids Symphony presents a night of intense acrobatic feats, man-powered machines, and beautiful music. Cirque Mechanics has delighted audiences for nearly a decade with its bold shows, even winning praise from the New York Times, which described an evening as “exceptional, evocative, eye-catching, ear-catching and, to keep the list short, engrossingly entertaining.” Their collaboration with the Grand Rapids Symphony marks the concert-hall debut of their Gantry Bike: an 18-foot-tall amalgamation of spinning gears and belts that lumbers about the stage under the performers’ power. <p>
- Mozart—Overture to Le Nozze di Figaro: One of the most recognizable overtures in all of opera, the opening to Mozart’s comedy complements the performers’ infectious energy with a burbling string and wood melody that culminates in a thunderously joyful tutti.
- Vivaldi—Summer from The Four Seasons: Evoking a sunny summer day, Vivaldi’s work moves from the languorous sounds of an oppressively hot afternoon to the driving wind and flashing lighting of a sudden storm.
- Copland—Fanfare for the Common Man: A majestic horn theme slowly opens the piece to evoke the sun rising over the horizon or a sloth playing peek-a-boo over a toddler’s crib, gradually building as more and more of the orchestra joins.
- Dukas—The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: Made famous as the track that accompanies Mickey Mouse’s disastrous foray into hands-free house cleaning in Disney’s Fantasia, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice becomes perfect accompaniment for high-flying feats and escalating antics. <p>
Cirque Mechanics – Gantry Bike in Las Vegas <iframe width="450" height="243" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s63zIXEzydE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="allowFullScreen"></iframe>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 20, 2013. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required by 12pm on 4/19/13; reserve tickets by phone starting 4/16/13. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at DeVos Performance Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must reserve together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.