All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Classical music boosts listeners’ brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this deal.
- One ticket to see Grand Rapids Symphony Presents “Musical Visions”
- When: Saturday, October 5, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Peter Martin Wege Theatre
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $13 for the front floor (up to a $32 value)
- $14 for the rear floor (up to a $22.75 value)
- $16 for the middle floor (up to a $27.25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
“Musical Visions” is the first event of Grand Rapids Symphony’s MusicNOW three-concert series. MusicNOW presents contemporary works alongside visual elements. Curated by the evening’s soloist, Colorado Symphony principal timpanist Bill Hill, “Musical Visions” showcases the percussionist’s musical influences, historical interests, and development as a composer.
- Bill Hill—Journey of Ra: Teaming up with his daughter Nadja on violin and vocals, Hill channels Ra, the ancient Egyptian god of sun and life, with a heavily improvisatory style.
- Bill Hill—Full Moon at Giza: The counterpoint to the previous piece and completion of the life cycle, Full Moon at Giza conjures images of death with the riq (an Egyptian tambourine) and doumbec (a hand drum).
- Kalevi Aho—Symphony No. 14 Rituals: One of Hill’s influences, Finnish composer Kalevi Aho incorporated the Arabian darabuka and African djemebe drums into his colorful symphony and teenage son’s wakeup alarm.
- Bill Hill—Ancient Rituals: Hill’s newest work—making its world premiere—incorporates four percussionists and solo parts for nearly every member of the orchestra to evoke the feeling of a sunset and moonrise at Colorado’s Mesa Verde, the ancient home of the Native American Cliff Dweller civilization.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 5, 2013. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required by 12pm on 10/4. Redeem starting 10/5 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Peter Martin Wege Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.