Country music has been described as "three chords and the truth," unlike the blues, which is known as "12 bars full of premeditated lies." Hear some honesty with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to Great American Bank's Night on the Kaw (up to $32 value)
- When: Saturday, July 19, at 6 p.m.
- Where: De Soto Riverfest Park
- General admission to the lawn
- Door time: 4 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Great American Bank's Night on the Kaw
Ingredients for a night on the Kaw: three parts country music and one part open sky, stirred vigorously by headliner Sammy Kershaw
- Who else is playing: Morgan Frazier and Travis Marvin
- How you first heard Sammy Kershaw: his neo-traditionalist 1991 debut, Don't Go Near the Water
- Unwritten subtitle of that album: . . . Unless You Have Swimmies On
- Kershaw tunes that mix melodic chops with chivalry: “She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful,” “National Working Women’s Holiday,” and “Queen of My Double Wide Trailer”
- How good are Morgan Frazier's songs: she recently won the John Lennon Songwriting Competition
- Best example of the young singer's sympathetic style: the new tune "Hey Bully"
- Name you might know Travis Marvin by: "T-Marv," as he was introduced in his shows with the Eli Young Band, Luke Bryan, and Clay Walker
- What you might hear from T-Marv show: covers of country, blues, and Southern-rock Top 40 hits