- $17 for one general-admission ticket (up to $37.86 value)
Great Lakes Reggae Festival
- Dobby Dobson: The reggae singer and producer behind the early-60s single “Loving Pauper” (which became his nickname) has received the Order of Distinction from the Governor-General of Jamaica and starred in the 3D documentary Dobby Dobson: An Interview with Jamaica’s Music Ambassador. Expect classic hits and tracks from Desperation, one of the many gospel albums he recorded after discovering his faith.
- Sammy Dread: One of the first British reggae artists to engage with the dancehall genre has lent his hard-edged style to solo hits such as “Talk it Over” and “Trying to Conquer Natty Dreadlocks,” as well as collaborations with Black Roots.
- Ras D: This Kingston native has been blending reggae with roots, dancehall, and R&B since 1997. You might have seen him at the Napa Valley Reggae Festival, The Catalyst, Mandela Village, and myriad other festivals.
- Will there be food? Yes indeed—authentic Jamaican curry chicken, jerk chicken, beef patties, and rum cake, all washed down with ginger beer.
- Should I bring kids? Sure. There are bounce houses just for them.
- Are there adult activities, too? Yep, from arts and crafts to bingo and domino tournaments there are plenty of chances to mix, mingle, and say adult things like “investments” and “business.”