- $12 for one ticket to Greater Lowell Music Theatre presents MY FAVORITE THINGS, the classic songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein (up to $21 value)
- Where: Durgin Hall at Greater Lowell Music Theatre
- Seating: balcony section
- Ticket values include all fees.
Available Performances * Friday, March 21, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. * Saturday, March 22, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Greater Lowell Music Theatre presents MY FAVORITE THINGS, the classic songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein
- The composer: Richard Rodgers
- The lyricist: Oscar Hammerstein II
- Together: Rogers and Hammerstein were the songwriting duo behind a number of famed Broadway musicals
- A few of those musicals: Oklahoma!, The Sound of Music, The King and I, South Pacific
- Songs you’ve probably sung in the shower: “Do-Re-Mi,” “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’,” “Getting to Know You”
- Songs you’ll probably sing along to at the concert: “The Sound of Music,” “Oklahoma!,” “There Is Nothing Like a Dame”
- 56: the number of major awards their works have garnered over the years, including 35 Tony Awards, 15 Academy Awards, and 2 Pulitzer Prizes, plus an innumerable number of hugs from teary fans
- 1999: the year they were honored with their own USPS stamp
Greater Lowell Music Theatre
What happens when a former Rockette, a playwright, and a musical producer join forces? If they’re Phyllis George, Jack Neary, and Leon Grande, they found the Greater Lowell Music Theatre. The trio—who previously choreographed and directed acclaimed high school musicals together—founded the theater in 2012 to celebrate the great American musical. Since then, they’ve applied their talents and tap shoes to beloved shows including The Music Man and Guys and Dolls.