- Guitars Under the Stars Festival
- When: Friday, August 8, at 5 p.m.; Saturday, August 9, and Sunday, August 10, at noon
- Where: Cheadle Lake Park
- Door time: Friday at noon; Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $30 for one three-day general-admission venue pass with a parking pass (up to $54 value). Guests may bring their own foldable camp chairs or small lawn chairs.
- $35 for one camping pass, valid for up to four (up to $49 value). Camping passes do not include venue passes. Campers may arrive as early as noon on Thursday, August 7, to check-in, and stay as late as 1 p.m. on Monday, August 11, to check-out.
- Click here to view the FAQ page.
Children 12 and younger are admitted free with an adult.
Guitars Under the Stars
- Lita Ford: Known as the Queen of Metal, Ford got her start as lead guitarist with The Runaways and rocked until their breakup in 1979. She then launched a successful solo career belting out such songs as, “Kiss Me Deadly,” “Larger Than Life,” “Shot of Poison,” and “Close My Eyes Forever.”
- Pat Travers Band: This legendary Canadian guitarist’s brawny, bluesy technique and caramelized bark have elated fans since the early ’70s. A guitarist’s guitarist, a Guitar Player magazine centerfold, and a hero to Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, Pat uses his frenzied fingers to boil strings as he supports his latest album, Can Do.
- Bruce Bouillet: The lead guitarist of the prog-rock Racer X—featuring members of Judas Priest, Mr. Big, and The Mars Volta—Bouillet has toured with Satriani and been heralded in magazines such as Guitar World.
- Floater: This buoyant, two-time Grammy-nominated Portland prog-rock trio was voted the Best Band in Willamette Week’s Best of Portland reader’s poll in 2009 and 2010.
- Larry Mitchell: Grammy-winning producer and guitarist Larry Mitchell lent his funky licks and fluid solos to tours and albums with Tracy Chapman, Billy Squier, and Ric Ocasek.
- Gary Hoey: This guitarist has over 500,000 record sales and five Top 20 billboard hits, including the song, “Hocus Pocus.”
- Jennifer Batten: This guitarist performed for 10 years with Michael Jackson and three with Jeff Beck. She recently performed a tribute to Les Paul at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Ty Curtis: This blues artist and guitarist is working with Jacob Peterson of the Steve Miller Band on a new project and has also formed a new band, The Harvey Kartel, featuring Jacob Peterson. His performance at Guitars Under the Stars stage will be one of his few remaining solo performances.
- Tony MacAlpine: Since the late 80’s Tony MacAlpine has been in a staple in the guitar world, touring with Steve Via and making his own mark as a solo artist. He will be performing his most popular album “Maximum Security” in its entirety for the first time in many years.
- Click here to see the rest of the lineup.