What You'll Get
- $12.50 for one G-Pass to see Hank Williams, Jr. (up to $20.35 value)
- When: Sunday, August 17
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 90 minues before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Hank Williams, Jr.
- Hank Williams, Jr.’s age when he first played the Grand Ole Opry: 11
- Hank Williams, Jr.’s sound: a fusion of southern rock, blues, and outlaw country
- Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock ‘n’ roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line.
- What instruments does Hank Williams, Jr. play?: Guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboards, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, and piano
- How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: Five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association
- What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: A near-fatal mountain fall in which “every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one.”
- Because of this, he’s usually not seen without: a beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, one can of bigfoot repellant
- Hits you may hear: “Born to Boogie,” “Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound,” “All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down),” and “Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin’”
- Who was the senior to Hank Williams’ junior?: Legendary country singer Hank Williams, who was known for his hits “Your Cheatin’ Heart,” “Hey, Good Lookin’,” and “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”
- Who’s the third to Hank Williams’ junior?: Outlaw country torchbearer Hank Williams III
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 17, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at DTE Energy Music Theatre on 8/17. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 90 minutes before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call Groupon customer service immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.