- $12.50 for one G-Pass to see Hank Williams, Jr. (up to $20.35 value)
- When: Sunday, August 17
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 90 minues before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Hank Williams, Jr.
- Hank Williams, Jr.'s age when he first played the Grand Ole Opry: 11
- Hank Williams, Jr.'s sound: a fusion of southern rock, blues, and outlaw country
- Why is it called outlaw country?: Rooted more in rock 'n' roll and the blues, outlaw country was created as an alternative to the Nashville Sound, which was viewed by many musicians as being watered-down twang. The genre is also noted for the grittier subject matter of its songs, which often focus on drinking, tumultuous romance, and smuggling dodo eggs across the state line.
- What instruments does Hank Williams, Jr. play?: Guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, steel guitar, banjo, keyboards, harmonica, fiddle, saxophone, dobro, drums, and piano
- How many times has he won Entertainer of the Year?: Five—three times from the Academy of Country Music and twice from the Country Music Association
- What was the widely reported turning point in his life?: A near-fatal mountain fall in which "every single one of those [facial] bones was broken—every single one."
- Because of this, he's usually not seen without: a beard, hat, pair of sunglasses, one can of bigfoot repellant
- Hits you may hear: "Born to Boogie," "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," and "Good Friends, Good Whiskey, Good Lovin'"
- Who was the senior to Hank Williams' junior?: Legendary country singer Hank Williams, who was known for his hits "Your Cheatin' Heart," "Hey, Good Lookin'," and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"
- Who's the third to Hank Williams' junior?: Outlaw country torchbearer Hank Williams III
93% of 61 customers recommend
“Great show as always. Offer more groupons for shows. We love em ”
DTE Energy Music Theatre
7774 Sashabaw Rd.
Clarkston, MI 48348