Though coal is the traditional gift for someone who has been naughty, the naughty and patient will simply wait six months for their coal to metamorphose into diamonds. Save your naughtiness diamonds and pick up today’s GrouponLive deal: you get general-admission seating to Hannukatz The Musical at National Pastime Theater. Choose between the following ticketing options:
- For $25, you get one adult ticket (a $50 value).
- For $60, you get a family package of four tickets (up to a $130 value). The package includes:
- Two adult tickets (a $100 value)
- Two children’s tickets (a $30 value). Children must be 12 years or younger.
Choose between the following special productions:
- Christmas Day show on Sunday, December 25, at 3 p.m. The show is followed by a Chinese dinner buffet from Orange Garden.
- New Year’s Eve show on Saturday, December 31, at 8 p.m. The show is followed by an NYE party with refreshments, music, dancing, and a champagne toast.
From Chicago playwright Terry Abrahamson comes Hannukatz The Musical, a song-filled tale about a fantastical, bipedal cat who visits the Moskowitz family on Hanukkah’s eve. From general-admission seats inside the former 1920s speakeasy, guests’ ears surf atop the sound waves of the “Hannukatz Song” and other numbers the cast performed on the WGN news. The bravest, most guttural of guests leap on stage for the “Make a Chhhhh” contest, and later the entire house belts out the battle cry “Open-a-Can-of-Potch-in-Tuchas.” After the Christmas Day show, dramaturgy fans linger with guests to nosh on a Chinese buffet, a cultural tradition that dates back to cavemen’s first Christmases, and on New Year’s Eve, cast and audience auld lang syne to 2011.