Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $38 for one ticket to see Hanson – Anthem World Tour with Paul McDonald (up to a $30.50 value) with early entry (a $15 value) and a commemorative show poster (a $15 value; up to an $60.50 total value)
- When: Wednesday, September 11, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Minglewood Hall
- Section: general admission
- Early-entry door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Number of Hansons in Hanson: three—brothers Isaac, Taylor, and Zac
- Number of Grammy nominations for their 1997 mega-hit, "MMMBop": also three
- Number of times that single got stuck in your head: way more than three
- Level it rocketed Hanson's album, Middle of Nowhere, to: quadruple-platinum status in the US
- Their latest album: Anthem, featuring the catchy single "Get the Girl Back"
- Their current sound: the rootsy, funky rock that made them famous, but now clad in a tuxedo
- Latest non-musical venture: MMMhops, a craft beer created in partnership with Mustang Brewing
- Reason to feel good about buying an MMMhops T-shirt or pint glass: all proceeds go to help tornado recovery efforts in Hanson's native Oklahoma
- Other charitable work from Hanson: they donated all proceeds from the sale of their single "Great Divide" towards research and prevention of AIDS
- Where you may have seen Paul McDonald: placing eighth on American Idol's 10th season
- Hanson connection: McDonald and his wife appeared in Hanson's music video for "Get the Girl Back"