With their distinctive, red, white, and blue candy-striped uniforms, the Harlem Globetrotters are instantly recognizable on most courts and maddeningly difficult to guard during pickup games in barber-pole factories. Witness basketball at its most colorful with this GrouponLive deal to see the Harlem Globetrotters play at Constant Convocation Center. Doors open at one hour before tipoff for ticket holders and two hours before tipoff for ticket holders with a Magic Pass. Magic Passes grant access to a special 30-minute exhibition of tricks and hands-on basketball fun with the players from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday; pass holders also get the chance to meet the Globetrotters and their mascot, Globie, and to collect autographs. Choose from the following seating options:
- For $32, you get one ticket (up to a $59 value, including all fees) for seating in one of the following areas:
- Rows A–F of section 102, 106, 110, or 114
Rows A–E of section 116<p>
- For $46, you get one ticket (up to a $76 value, including all fees) for seating in one of the following areas:
- Rows A–C of section 103, 105, 111, or 113
Row C of section 104 or 112<p>
- For $58, you get one ticket for seating in one of the above areas, plus a Magic Pass (up to a $96.50 value, including all fees).<p>
For each option, choose between the following shows:
- Saturday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3, at 2 p.m. <p>
Since forming in the 1920s, the Harlem Globetrotters have continued to entertain millions of parents, children, and general basketball admirers with a trademark blend of athletic precision and razzle-dazzle showmanship. For the team’s 2012 tour, a rotating roster of Globetrotter favorites take to the hardwood each game, so spectators might spot Special K sharing a behind-the-back pass with dunker Quake, whose high jump once cleared 7 feet, cruelly dashing his dreams of working in a ceiling-fan store. The Globetrotters might also present a study in contrasts with 5-foot-2 Too Tall and 7-foot-8 Tiny, the world’s tallest pro basketball player.
During each Globetrotters game, youngsters laugh along and witness the jovial jocks performing classic routines of unconventional passing and sudden transmutations of water into confetti. Having performed in 120 countries and on all six penguin-overrun continents, the Globetrotters are one of the few teams inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as ambassadors of the sport.