Although Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and the phonograph, it never occurred to him to mix lights and music because he wasn't very smart. Electrify your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one G-Pass to see Owl City (up to a $29 value)
- When: Thursday, August 29, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Atlantic City
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Owl City performing "Fireflies"
- Birth name: Adam Young
- Instruments he's mastered: vocal cords, keyboard, guitar, piano, percussion, synthesizer, vibraphone, Speak & Spell, basically any object that makes music
- How he grew his fanbase: Myspace and constant touring
- Hit singles: "Fireflies," "Good Time"
- Certified quadruple platinum: "Fireflies"
- Stars he's collaborated with: Relient K's Matt Thiessen, Blink 182's Mark Hoppus, and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Soundtracks featuring Owl City songs: The Smurfs 2, The Croods, Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, Wreck-It Ralph
- Proof that electronic artists can survive in the wilderness: Owl City's latest EP features acoustic versions of tracks from his album The Midsummer Station
- How the jack-of-all-trades translates his one-man band recordings to a live show: with help from a stellar back-up band.
- Opening act: indie-pop trio Basic Vacation