- One ticket to Restless Creature, featuring Wendy Whelan
- When: Wednesday, January 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Harris Theater for Music and Dance
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $47.50 for orchestra or lower balcony seating, section A (up to $95 value)
- $25 for orchestra or lower balcony seating, section B (up to $50 value)
- $12.50 for orchestra or upper middle balcony seating, section C (up to $25
- Click here to view the seating chart
With her precise technique and muscular grace, Wendy Whelan has won widespread acclaim in her decades-long ballet career—including the praise of The New York Times, who hailed her as “America’s greatest contemporary ballerina.” After spending years as a principal dancer with the New York City Ballet, she finally hung up her pointe shoes and retired from that company in 2014. But Whelan is far from slowing down, and now returns to the spotlight with Restless Creature.
The program is comprised of four contemporary duets, created by Whelan and choreographer/dancers Kyle Abraham, Joshua Beamish, Brian Brooks, and Alejandro Cerrudo. The pieces showcase a wide range of tones, from the dreamily romantic Ego Et Tu, choreographed with Cerrudo, to the thrumming, staccato steps of Abraham’s The Serpent and The Smoke. The performance has special significance at this particular venue; Whelan shared that she “actually had the Harris Theater in mind while I was developing my project. . . I sort of tailor-made the work for this kind of theater.”