- $36 for two tickets to see Heartbeat of Japan featuring taiko drummer Eitetsu Hayashi (up to $55 value)
- When: Saturday, October 25, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Performing Arts Center at Buffalo State College
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student, senior, or child discounts.
Heartbeat of Japan
The American Symphony, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Sydney Opera House—all of these have felt the booming echoes and startling vibrations of Eitetsu Hayashi’s taiko drum. Dr. Takako Michii, executive director of the Japan Culture Center of WNY, calls Hayashi “a taiko legend. He was one of the first to bring this music style to the West.” That style, Michii says, “is the sound of the spirit of Nature.” It’s a rarely-heard sound, produced by an equally rare instrument, making the concert both an extraordinary experience and a chance to one-up any coworkers who swim with dolphins every weekend. Joseph Small, a Clarence native and Hayashi’s apprentice, joins him on stage as part of the touring ensemble Fuu Un No Kai.