- Admission to the Heartland Film Festival
- When: October 16–25
- Where: AMC Castleton Square 14, AMC Showplace Traders Point 12, and The Theatre at the Wheeler Arts Community
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the screening schedule.
- $9 for two regular screening tickets (up to $22 value)
- $16 for four regular screening tickets (up to $44 value)
2014 Heartland Film Festival
For 10 days every October, the Heartland Film Festival brings Hollywood to the Midwest. And one of the works screened will fly right back to the West Coast, as the winner of the festival’s short film category will qualify for consideration in the Academy Awards. But whether the pieces showcased are features or shorts, fictional or real-life, they all have one thing in common: they were specially selected to inspire as well as entertain.
- For a suspense-ridden trek through India following a couple searching for their missing son, see Siddharth
- For a documentary proving that even self-made oil-industry millionaires experience personal struggles, see American Real: The Forrest Lucas Story
- For a comedy about the pitfalls of coaching children’s softball, with a cast featuring Fred Willard, Angela Kinsey, and Illeana Douglas, see All-Stars
- For a documentary about magician and outspoken skeptic James “The Amazing” Randi, see An Honest Liar
- For a narrative about a bereaved neuroscientist helping a New Orleans street performer reconnect with her children, see Una Vida: A Fable of Music and Mind
- Click here to view the full lineup.