What You'll Get
- $10 for one general-admission ticket (up to $19.38 value)
- (Hed)p.e.’s forte: funk meets punk meets hip-hop meets thrash metal meets reggae—they call it “G-punk”
- In other words: imagine the sound made by a supergroup combining Slightly Stoopid, The Clash, Bob Marley, and Slayer
- (Hed)p.e.’s lyrical content: controversial, challenging, hedonistic, extraterrestrial-loving, not for kids
- Debated meaning of their band name: “Hed” stands for “higher eduction” and the “PE” is for Planet Earth, but singer Jahred says the name “basically means our consciousness is connected to the planet and the planet is evolving, therefore, we as her children, evolve with her.”
- Speaking of Evolution: it’s the name of the band’s latest album, and a statement about their musical progression
- What to expect from the show: a ferocious mix of favorites from albums such as Blackout, Broke, and New World Orphans, plus reggae-tinged angst bombs from Evolution and forthcoming album Forever!
- Soil’s hometown: Chicago
- Soil’s big break: after releasing their debut independent album in 1997, they became the first rock group to be signed by Clive Davis to J Records
- Awww, reunions: after a seven-year split from the group, vocalist Ryan McCombs rejoined the band for a tour commemorating the 10th anniversary of their major-label debut, 2001’s Scars. The temporary reunion became less temporary, and the band’s original lineup is now intact.
- Essential early hits: “Halo,” “Astounded,” “Hey Now”
- Pre-concert homework: check out “The Hate Song,” a melodically-complex and clever ear-buster from their 2013 album, Whole
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 30, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.