A comedy show is a rare occasion when it's acceptable to laugh at another person's pain or scream "Yeah!" when someone asks how you're doing. Have an unconventional evening with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for two tickets to the #HellaFunny Comedy Show (up to $40 value)
- When: Friday, July 11, at 8 p.m. or 10 p.m., or Saturday, July 12, at 7:30 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Where: Rebel Bar and Lounge
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Both a production company and a show, #HellaFunny is spearheaded by comedian and Oakland-native Stroy Moyd. Having appeared in Comedy Central's "Up Next" showcase, featured for SNL writer Hannibal Buress, and opened for Sarah Silverman, Moyd sets up and stars in comedy shows throughout the Bay Area with some of his comic buddies. Many of them have played to audiences nationwide, opening for the likes of Tracy Morgan and Dave Chappelle.
In each show, Moud regales audiences with self-deprecating stories, impressive crowd work, and a confident stage presence earned in part from being a three-time winner at the Hollywood Laugh Factory's Fresh Faces Comedy Competition. For his latest performance, he'll be joined by DJ Sophomore, who will spin Motown grooves throughout the evening.