- $10 for one general-admission ticket (up to $16.82 value)
- $15 for two general-admission tickets (up to $33.64 value)
Colorado Wind Ensemble presents Heritage to Horizons
- The Theme: The CWE welcomes new conductor Dr. David Kish with a program that looks toward both the past and the future
- The Composers: Pieces from Persichetti, Bremer, Schuller, Mackey, Oquin, Heed, and Leonard Bernstein
- Highlights: Philip Sparke’s Sunrise at Angel’s Gate, conducted by guest conductior John Locke
Colorado Wind Ensemble
"A wind ensemble is much like a traditional concert band," explains the Colorado Wind Ensemble on their website, "but each musician plays more as a soloist within a large group rather than as one member of a large section playing the same part." That approach folds neatly into the group's mission: to create opportunities for performers to share their talents, while also presenting programs that entertain audiences. To that end, their concerts encompass a wide range of musical styles and eras, from Renaissance and Baroque club hits to military marches and contemporary arrangements. It's proven a winning combination—the ensemble has engaged listeners for more than 30 seasons.