Although it’s common for chefs to be treated like rock stars, they still have to foot the bill after trashing hotel rooms with Grey Poupon. Savor the marinated words of cooking masters with this GrouponLive deal.
- $26 for admission for one to Good vs. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert (up to a $52 value)
- When: Friday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Mortensen Hall at The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: rear balcony, rows G–M
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values do not include a $4 processing fee.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Good vs. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert
Two of the culinary world’s famously outspoken gastronomes serve up an insightful night for foodies during Good vs. Evil: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert. The lovably abrasive Bourdain, who’s as verbose and cutting as a serrated thesaurus, has won over food enthusiasts with his best-selling book Medium Raw and his opined explorations of the culinary landscape chronicled in the Travel Channel’s No Reservations. In a playful cross-examination, the curt connoisseur squares off in a frank discussion of kitchen philosophies with Emmy Award– and James Beard Award–winning chef Ripert. Throughout his career, Ripert has steadily climbed the culinary ladder, leading him to opportunities to co-own three-star Michelin restaurant Le Bernardin, host PBS’ Avec Eric, and appear as a judge on Bravo’s Top Chef. Equally as charming and acidic as his Jersey-bred contemporary, Ripert makes the perfect friend and foe to Bourdain as the two masters share ribbing banter, followed by a question-and-answer session and a toilet-papering of an Olive Garden.