What You'll Get
- $27.50 for one balcony ticket (up to $55 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Hip Hop Fever
- Rakim: “The God MC” and half of Eric B. & Rakim—the golden-age duo that pioneered internal rhyming in hip-hop and graced dance floors with “Paid in Full”—has been cited as an inspiration by virtually all of the greats, including Tupac, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G., and Eminem.
- The Sugarhill Gang: This seminal collective is often credited for bringing hip-hop to the mainstream with their 1979 Top-40 hit, “Rapper’s Delight.”
- Also Appearing: Grandmaster Melle Mel | Rob Base | Sweet G | Grand Puba of Brand Nubian | Black Rob | Mr. Cheeks of Lost Boys | Keith Murray | Black Sheep | Peter Gunz | Roxanne Shante | Crash Crew | Fonda Rae | Grandmaster Caz | Spoonie G | Grandwizard Theodore | DJ Marley Marl | Host Sal Abbatiello
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 6, 2017. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts hosts a lot of firsts. From Jose Feliciano to Russian music institutions, many performing artists have never played in the Bronx before they come to the Center. That reality is part of what prompted its founding in the first place three decades ago, in an effort to prove that borough residents didn't have to travel to Manhattan or tunnel inside their television sets to experience diverse, live cultural programming. So far, that's included concerts by luminaries such as Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle, and Johnny Mathis in addition to folk dance, ballet, and Latino comedy showcases.