What You'll Get
- One ticket to Basement Jaxx, Bootsy’s Rubber Band featuring Bootsy Collins, and Tuxedo
- When: Sunday, June 28, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Hollywood Bowl
- Door time: 4:30 p.m.
- $25 for section L or P (up to $35.50 value)
- $30 for section M or N (up to $41 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Basement Jaxx, Bootsy’s Rubber Band featuring Bootsy Collins, and Tuxedo
- Basement Jaxx: 20 years after they changed the infrastructure of house music by adding new floors of funk, Latin jazz, and R&B, the Brixton duo of Felix Buxton and Simon Ratcliffe are still raising dance-pop to new levels on the Grammy-nominated groove Junto. Expect a live show packed with club-thumping singles such as “Romeo,” “Where’s Your Head At,” and “Good Luck,” each one elevated by schizoid light displays, belly dancers, and perhaps a singer in a gorilla costume.
- Bootsy Collins: Sent from Planet Funk to save Earth from stagnant hips, the legendary bassist of James Brown and Parliament-Funkadelic invented the grooves heard in Brown’s “Super Bad” and Parliament’s “Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker).” Armed with his star-shaped “space bass,” he also performs otherworldly numbers of his own such as “Stretchin’ Out.”
- Tuxedo: If Tuxedo reminds you of Chic, Shalamar, and Zapp, that’s because neo-soul singer Mayer Hawthorne and hip-hop producer Jake One have done their homework when trying to recall the disco-funk heyday of the ’70s and early ’80s.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 29, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting at 4 p.m. on 6/28 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.