Many theatergoers claim that life imitates art, which can be frustrating when they pause arguments for intermissions or direct drivers to turn “stage left” at stop signs. Learn to navigate the theatrical world with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $10, you get one general-admission ticket to see Holy Days at the Evan P. and Marion Helfaer Theatre at Marquette University (a $20 value, including ticketing fees). Doors open one hour before showtime. Choose from the following performances:
- Thursday, November 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 11, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 13, at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 20, at 2:30 p.m.<p>
Marquette University’s Department of Performing Arts beguiles audiences with uplifting main-stage performances. Extracted from the mind of Sally Nemeth, Holy Days sheds light on a tale of a close-knit, grief-stricken family from Kansas. Haunted by the aftermath of the Great Depression, Nemeth’s characters hold fast to their ruptured farm while neighbors and friends flee for more prosperous lives as traveling game-show contestants. An all-student design team infuses Holy Days with a heavy dose of creativity, infusing the intimate 226-seat Evan P. and Marion Helfaer Theatre with an engaging sense of time and place.