- $13 for two tickets to see the Hot 8 Brass Band (up to $26 value)
- When: Sundays at 10 p.m. through August 30
- Where: The Howlin’ Wolf
- General admission
- Door time: 9 p.m.
The Hot 8 Brass Band
- The Band: an irresistible amalgam of Dixieland jazz, old-school funk, new-school hip-hop, and surprising covers
- Songs You Might Recognize: Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing” and Snoop Dogg’s “What’s My Name”
- The Engine That Drives Them: the inexhaustible lungs of tuba player and band leader Bennie “Big Peter” Pete
The Howlin’ Wolf
From the Foo Fighters to Wu-Tang Clan, Death Cab for Cutie to Dr. John—The Howlin’ Wolf’s storied stage has hosted them all. The music hotspot plays host to a variety of bands most nights a week, filling its calendar with jazz, rock, and blues. The Grammy-nominated Hot 8 Brass Band plays every Sunday, and the venue also hosts touring and local New Orleans acts. Should audiences prefer to dance to the sounds of laughter, live comedy can be found at the venue-within-a-venue, The Den.