- House Dance International
- When: July 3–5
- Where: Jamaica Performing Arts Center
- Door time: one hour before the event time
- General admission
- Full offer includes ticketing fees
- $17 for a one-day spectator pass to the group battle and screenings on Friday, July 3, at 4 p.m. (up to $20 value)
- $22 for a one-day spectator pass to pre-selections on Saturday, July 4, at 4 p.m. (up to $25 value)
- $27 for a one-day spectator pass to the finals on Sunday, July 5, at 4 p.m. (up to $30 value)
- $60 for a three-day weekend spectator pass to the group battle, screenings, pre-selections, finals, and six workshops on January 3–5 (up to $105 value)
House Dance International
- What it is: an urban dance festival that celebrates the various genres of house dance, which include Vogue, Waacking, Hustle, House, and Free Spirit Movement.
- What’s on the schedule: the schedule will be revealed at a later date, but the annual festival includes competitions in each category of dance, film screenings, six dance workshops, outdoor events, and after parties.
- House Dance International’s founder: Conrad Rochester, a self-taught dancer who’s lent his talents to dance films including Wild Style, Check Your Body At The Door, and Maestro, and choreographed for Niles Ford’s In Search of the Invisible People, Vissi Dance Theater, and James “Cricket” Coulter’s Astro Kinetic Project.
- What house dance means to him: “It is so important for people both old and new to remember where this dance came from: it started in the clubs and in the streets.”