Without music, concerts wouldn’t exist and “funk” would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal for a house-music party package to a History of House Music show featuring legendary Chicago house DJs at Vision Nightclub in River North. Shows begin on Fridays at 10 p.m. and last until 4 a.m. Choose from the following ticketing options:
- For $15, you get an outing for two (up to a $45 value)
- For $20, you get an outing for four (up to a $90 value)
- For $45, you get a VIP outing for four (up to a $140 value)<p>
Each member of the outing receives:
- One general-admission ticket (up to a $12.50 value)
- One CD (up to a $10 value). July 13 attendees will receive a CD by Kenny “Jammin” Jason; attendees of all other shows will receive an exclusive mix made and signed by that evening’s DJ.<p>
Each VIP member of outing receives the ticket and signed CD listed above, plus the group also receives:
- A meet and greet with the evening’s DJ (complimentary)
- A VIP table with a bottle of champagne (a $50 value)<p>
Choose from the following performances:
- June 29 with Kenny “Jammin” Jason
- July 6 with Mario “Smokin” Diaz
- July 13 with Julian “Jumpin” Perez
- July 27 with Tim “Spinnin’” Schommer
- August 3 with Kenny “Jammin” Jason
- August 10 with Tim “Spinnin’” Schommer<p>
Since the early 1980s, house music has spread its musical vines around the globe from seeds sown in the fertile and funky Chicago soil, which germinated DJs the likes of Kenny “Jammin” Jason and other founding members of the pioneering Hot Mix 5. From humble beginnings as a weekly program on Chicago’s FM radio station WBMX, the DJ collective mashed up a new sound from fragments of disco, hip-hop, and field recordings of mechanical bulls in the wild.
In their upcoming series of shows, Kenny joins B96 radio mixmaster Tim “Spinnin’” Schommer, Julian “Jumpin” Perez, and Mario “Smokin” Diaz to throw intoxicating ’80s and ’90s house music into the swank environs of Vision Nightclub. Their low beats and distant lyrics trickle through the masses, slowly building, gaining speed, then rising in tempo before dropping an anvil of bass that transforms the dance floor into a manic flurry of ecstatic bodies. After the show, guests can revisit the evening’s wave of sonic energy by playing their exclusive CD mix while at home, at the gym, or walking the dog to its very first job interview.
Near North Side
632 N Dearborn St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611