A great live performance is something you'll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one G-Pass to see Courtney Love in concert with special guest Starred (up to a $40.83 value)
- When: Friday, August 2, at 8 p.m
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- Talents: singer, songwriter, actress, artist, and instigator
- How casual fans know Courtney Love: lead singer of Hole, betrothed of Kurt Cobain, fashion icon, essential to the "Riot Grrl" movement
- How devoted fans know Courtney Love: caught her when she played with Faith No More and Babes in Toyland, made it through Alex Cox's Straight to Hell, dug through her garbage this morning
- Hole songs that you might hear: "Malibu" and "Miss World"
- Hole song you probably won't hear: "Doll Parts," because it's "just a simple song, just three chords, and it kind of drives [her] nuts."
- Title of her one and only solo album: America's Sweetheart
- Tentative title of her upcoming solo album: Dyed Blonde
- Golden Globe nominations: one, for The People vs. Larry Flynt
- Turned down a role in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
- Why?: because she didn't want another Golden Globe nomination
- Surprising live cover: Jay Z's "99 Problems"
- Indie cred for Starred: they're on SubPop records, Pitchfork touted their single "No Good," and they're half-Brooklyn, half-L.A.
What some people are buzzing about: