- Three-concert subscription to the remainder of the 2013–14 pops or classical season
- Where: Jones Hall
- Click to view the full pops season.
- Click to view the full classical season.
- Seating: first come, first served
- Click to view the pops seating chart.
- Click to view the classical seating chart.<p>
- $99 for a three-concert pops or classical subscription for one (up to $228 value)
- $180 for a three-concert pops or classical subscription for two (up to $456 value)<p>
Upcoming Pops Concerts
- To see a charming singer-pianist play hits by the likes of James Taylor, Carole King, and Stevie Wonder, check out The Contemporary Songbook with Tony DeSare (January 24–26).
- To see Sigourney Weaver host an evening of nature-themed compositions such as Flight of the Bumblebee and Waltz of the Flowers, check out Symphonic Spectacular! (May 23–25). The music will be accompanied by hi-def projections of landscapes, animation, and facehuggers crawling through a meadow.<p>
Upcoming Classical Concerts
- To see conductor James Gaffigan bring one of Rachmaninoff’s most dramatic pieces to life, check out Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody (February 28–March 2). The evening will showcase Daniil Trifonov—winner of the Young Tchaikovsky Piano Competition—and also feature Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 5.
- To see conductor Hans Graf helm a sonic take on Shakespeare’s most famous tragedy, check out Tchaikovsky’s Romeo and Juliet (April 10–13). Afterwards, cellist Johannes Moser will solo over the composer’s Rococo Variations.<p>
Originally founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony has established a luminous history with the help of such greats as Leopold Stokowski, Ferenc Fricsay, and Sir John Barbirolli. The symphony continues to indulge ears under the leadership of its current world-renowned conductors—Andrés Orozco-Estrada, Hans Graf, Michael Kajewski, and Robert Franz. This foursome uses the sweeping motions of their batons and favorite cat toys to guide the musicians through a whopping average of 170 concerts a year. Every season, the lineup includes a classical and pops series, as well as outdoor performances.