All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
The best concerts have lots of pyrotechnics, which is why classical pianists always wear asbestos pants. Insulate yourself from boredom with this deal to the Houston Symphony at Jones Hall. Choose between the following options:
- For $99, you get one ticket for Level 3 orchestra seating at three concerts of your choice (up to a $223 value, including all fees).
- For $174, you get two tickets for Level 3 orchestra seating at three concerts of your choice (up to a $439 value, including all fees).<p>
Tickets are valid for any combination of the following concerts:
- Mahler & Mendelssohn on January 31, February 2, or February 3
- Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet on February 14, 16, or 17
- Walton’s Belshazzar’s Feast on March 15–17
- Spanish Masters – Rodrigo and Falla on April 5–7
- Debussy’s La Mer on April 11, 13, or 14
- Cavanaugh Sings Elton John and More on April 21
- Mozart’s Symphony no. 40 on May 3 or 5<p>
Originally founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony has established a luminous history with the help of such conducting greats as Leopold Stokowski, Ferenc Fricsay, and Sir John Barbirolli. Now under the seasoned leadership of world-renowned baton wielder Hans Graf, the symphony continues to indulge ears with concerts of well-known standards and little-known gems. Halfway through its 2012–13 season, the group turns its sights toward upcoming classical concerts including Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet. The famed ballet’s second musical suite kicks off with the umbral “Montagues and Capulets,” whose dissonant opening chords part for a tender pianissimo before trombone blasts plod through a sinister string melody.
Under the swaying baton of Michael Krajewski, the symphony offers lighter fare in its series of pops concerts. Cavanaugh Sings Elton John and More features youthful singer and pianist Michael Cavanaugh, reprising the hits of the rainbow-bespectacled pop wonder.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 5, 2013. Limit 11 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. Redeem starting 1/26 for a ticket. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Jones Hall. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which we will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Houston Symphony's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.