The Winter Wonderland-themed Zoo invites children and adults to the earth-friendly LED-illuminated lights show
About This Deal
- What’s included: admission for two to the Zoo Lights
- TXU Energy proudly presents the twinkling lights and sounds of the season during the Zoo Lights event
- The Houston Zoo will be Winter Wonderland-themed for the seventh year, illuminated with earth-friendly LED lighting
- Watch out for:
- The giant Holiday Tree presented by TransCanada
- The Holiday Train Village presented by Macy’s
- The Enchanted Forest presented by King & Spalding LLC
- Candy the interactive talking zebra, presented by H-E-B
- Attractions include holiday music, s’mores, hot chocolate, and colorful, twinkling lights
- Available dates:
- November 19–22
- November 26–29
- December 3–6
- December 10–13
- December 17, 18, and 20
- January 7–13
Need To Know
About Houston Zoo
In an effort to connect the community with animals, the Houston Zoo works to provide engaging animal experiences for millions of guests each year. Their commitment to preserve animal wildlife has resulted in providing outstanding care for the thousands of animals throughout the zoo. They also aim to inspire others to take action and protect wildlife through public and private events and entertainment. Check out some of the main attractions:
- McNair Asian Elephant Habitat: This habitat serves as home to ten elephants, including babies Joy and Tilly—while walking across the boardwalk, visitors can watch as these majestic creatures splash in their 160,000-gallon pool.
- Gorillas at the Houston Zoo: Their power is legendary. Their movements—majestic. Their presence—simply awesome. Visitors experience everything that makes gorillas so wonderful, up close and incredible.
- John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo: A river otter plays underwater, the sounds of flapping wings echo in a realistic bat cave, and goats bleat for attention in the Petting Zoo—kids experience all this at the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo, where guests can also find the Bug House, home to a variety of fascinating insects.
- Hamill Foundation Black Bear Exhibit:The newly renovated home of Belle and Willow has triple the size to what they had before and includes features like a chilled pool, climbing structures, and lots of shade.