- $15 for one ticket to see Illuminate Film Festival presents Death Makes Life Possible with post-screening discussion with Deepak Chopra and Marilyn Schlitz (up to $27.50 value)
- When: Friday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Sedona Performing Arts Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Death Makes Life Possible
Although it’s often considered a taboo topic, death finds everyone eventually. And though it can seem bleak to accept mortality before its inevitable outcome, doing so can help shape and better the way people live their lives—at least that’s the theory behind Death Makes Life Possible. Guiding this mystery with compelling and comforting ideas is Dr. Marilyn Schlitz, an anthropologist, scientist, and author with an interest in the metaphysical—who, along with Dr. Deepak Chopra, executive produced the film. She engages her topic on several levels, with captivating stories from scientists, health professionals, spiritual teachers, children, and people who have encountered near-death experiences, as she delves into spiritual practices, ways of coping with grief, and the multiple dimensions of life.
A paramount destination for mind-body-spirit cinema, Illuminate is the perfect venue for the world premiere of this documentary. After the screening, Drs. Schlitz and Chopra will host a conversation about healthy ways to view and approach death, and suggest the role that mortality plays in a life well lived.