Though often regarded as instinct, fighting is actually a skill acquired in the womb, where all babies must defeat their evil selves in order to be born. Further prenatal training with this GrouponLive deal to Immortal Kombat III at Competitive Edge Sports Center in Spring on Saturday, June 16, at 6 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Seating is first-come, first-served for the seat section purchased. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get two tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $78.30 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $75, you get four tickets for general-admission seating (up to a $156.60 value, including all ticketing fees).
- For $60, you get two tickets for premium seating (up to a $129.80 value, including all ticketing fees). Premium seating includes:
- A cushioned seat several rows behind VIP sections
- Wait-service for food and alcohol (food and alcohol not included with this deal)
In its third event, Immortal Kombat Fighting's 12 scheduled bouts bombard a hexagonal cage with its burgeoning brand of strikes, takedowns, and submissions. Fight fans can arrive early to fuel their cheering muscles with beer and other refreshments (not included with this deal) or snag a seat close enough to the ring to hear the thumps, wallops, and prog-rock lyrics unleashed by each fighter. Headlining the extensive fight card, the heavyweight title sways above the flailing fists of Tony Melton and Dale Mitchell, who emerged victorious with a first-round knockout during Immortal Kombat II in January. Meanwhile, Cris Rucker and Rocky Long clash for top honors of the 155-pound weight class, and Derek Baines attempts to counter Ricky Ruthstrom's freestyle approach, which reveals more surprises than a rodeo clown's autopsy.