Laughter has many health benefits, from lowering blood pressure to scaring away snakes. Enjoy some biting wit with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to The Second City’s Improv All-Stars
- When: select dates, January 22–February 28
- Where: UP Comedy Club
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 45 minutes before 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. shows; 60 minutes before 11 p.m. shows
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $18 for one ticket to a Sunday show at 7 p.m. (up to $29.50 value)
- $18 for one ticket to a Wednesday show at 8 p.m. (up to $31.50 value)
- $18 for one ticket to a Friday show at 11 p.m. (up to $35.50 value)<p>
The Second City’s Improv All-Stars
The Second City is the stuff of comedy legend—its stages have fostered the talent of numerous stars, including Chris Farley, Tina Fey, and Steve Carell. And its tradition of off-the-cuff performances continues with The Second City’s Improv All-Stars. A cast of consummate improvisors performs hilarious sketches on the spot, using only audience suggestions and the wit-generators in their minds. Directed by long-time Second City collaborator and founder of The Annoyance Mick Napier, and underscored by live piano music, the actors create what the Chicago Tribune calls “a slick and entertaining show!”<p>
UP Comedy Club
The latest artistic addition to Piper’s Alley building at North and Wells, UP Comedy Club hosts a comedic medley of performances in its cabaret setting. Guests can catch an improv show starring actors from The Second City’s Mainstage revue, or guffaw at headlining standups including Brian Posehn, Godfrey, and the Sklar Brothers. But no matter what the show, a full menu ensures grumbling bellies don’t interrupt the evening.