What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to Indiana Wind Symphony Presents: American Tapestry (up to $33 value)
- When: Saturday, May 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Indiana Wind Symphony closes out their season with a collection of stirring works. Guest artist John Rommel joins the ensemble for the final piece, sharing the trumpet skills that earned him the principal chair in the Louisville Orchestra and performance opportunities around the globe.
- Reed—Hounds of Spring: Joyful from its first strains, this piece evokes the exuberance of young love with bright brass and tender woodwinds.
- Markowski—City Trees: The contemporary composer was struck by the trees of New York City when he relocated there from the Arizona desert. “These trees have learned how to brave the concrete jungle,” he shares, “and it gave me solace knowing that they had flourished in such a challenging environment.”
- Fucik—Mississippi March: A flurry of clarinets, saxophones, and horns aurally illustrate this journey from Austria to Mississippi, just a few thousand miles away.
- Gillingham—When Speaks the Signal-Trumpet Tone: Gillingham’s three-movement piece touches on themes of death, patriotism, and victory.
Indiana Wind Symphony
The Indiana Wind Symphony was only a year old when it received its first accolades. And unlike most one-year-olds, the source of the praise wasn’t its mastery of eating mashed peas; rather, in 1998, the International Conference of the Society for the Promotion and Investigation of Band Music lauded the symphony’s recordings of rare Sousa pieces. The nod is a testament to the ensemble’s focus on music history. In the years since, the group has continued to garner acclaim for its varied programs, high caliber of performance, and passion for sharing classical works with its audiences.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 17, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/17 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Palladium. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Indiana Wind Symphony's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.