What You'll Get
Ancient Greeks laid the foundations for contemporary theater by composing the first plays and stealing the first Tony Awards from Mount Olympus. Celebrate theatrical progress with today’s deal to see the Charleston Stage at the Dock production of Inga Binga at the Historic Dock Street Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- For $19, you get one reserved ticket (a $38 value) for one of the following performances:
- Friday, March 9, at 7:30 p.m. Seating will be in rows F–O of orchestra-level left or right.
- Saturday, March 10, at 7:30 p.m. Seating will be in rows E–O of orchestra-level left or right.
- Sunday, March 11, at 3 p.m. Seating will be in rows D–O of orchestra-level left or rows E–O of orchestra-level right.
- For $17, you get one reserved ticket for left or right orchestra-level seating in rows A–O on Wednesday, March 21, at 7:30 p.m. (a $34 value).
Penned by Charleston Stage at the Dock founder and artistic director Julian Wiles, Inga Binga emerges from the dusty pages of speculative history to make its rollicking premier on the Historic Dock Street Theatre stage. The play pieces together a smattering of true events to escort theatergoers back to World War II, when then-Navy ensign John F. Kennedy sparked a well-documented romance with Danish journalist and suspected Nazi spy Inga Arvad. Giggles sweep through the audience as the couple arranges a secret tryst at Charleston’s own Fort Sumter House Hotel, only to have their weekend surveilled by Life magazine reporters and FBI agents.
The first American building specifically designed for theatrical performances, the Historic Dock Street Theatre has survived the Great Fire of 1740 and the hygiene of John Wilkes Booth’s dad to thrive as Charleston’s premier cultural institution. The venue recently received a $19 million makeover and now sports crystalline acoustics, seismic security, and fresh new seats for stellar views of Inga Binga’s forbidden canoodling and stagehands playing rock-paper-scissors in the wings.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4/person. Valid only for opt purch. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Historic Dock Street Theatre box office. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Historic Dock Street Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Charleston Stage at the Dock current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Parking not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.