- Any performance of All of the Other Reindeer
- When: December 3–21, with Tuesday–Friday shows at 9:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. and Saturday shows at 11 a.m.; additional 7 p.m. show on December 17
- Where: Interactive Theater Company
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $10 for two tickets (up to a $20 value)
- $20 for four tickets (up to a $40 value)<p>
All of the Other Reindeer
While a certain red-nosed reindeer might indeed deserve his fame, his eight coworkers have stories of their own to tell. In Interactive Theater Company’s seasonal tale, a gang of energetic characters such as Colonel Corn and Peppermint help introduce audiences to the nimble and quick octet and answer questions that the original “A Visit from St. Nicholas” strangely overlooked. How’d Dasher get so fast? Is Prancer a big showoff? And what’s a Blitzen? The cast caps off the evening with a romp through the action of the poem, better known by its first line: Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house…
Interactive Theater Company
In 1998, the founders of Interactive Theater Company found a hole in Houston’s theater programming: family-friendly and educational arts productions. So, like a band of superheroes whose powers include transforming into cats and monkeys, they sprang into action to fill it. A decade and a half later, they’ve got more than 50 original plays to their name, along with a yearly audience count of approximately 60,000 inner and outer children. Combining world-premiere scripts with a fun, improvisational style of performance, their energetic actors delve into retellings of classic tales and even history lessons. The Story of the Lone Star State, the company’s most-performed show so far, careers through more than six centuries of Texan history in under an hour.