- $275 for a skybox for 10 with two parking passes to an Iowa Cubs game ($550 value)
- Where: Principal Park
- Seating: skybox suite
- Gate time: 90 minutes before first pitch
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Games and Dates:
- Against the Oklahoma City Dodgers on Monday, April 20, at 12:08 p.m.
- Against the New Orleans Zephyrs on Tuesday, April 21, at 6:38 p.m.
- Against the Zephyrs on Wednesday, April 22, at 12:08 p.m.
- Against the Zephyrs on Thursday, April 23, at 12:08 p.m.
- Against the Zephyrs on Friday, April 24, at 7:08 p.m.
- Against the RedHawks on Thursday, April 30, at 6:38 p.m.
- Against the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on Monday, May 11, at 12:08 p.m.
- Against the Nashville Sounds on Tuesday, May 12, at 6:38 p.m.
- Against the Reno Aces on Monday, May 25, at 1:08 p.m.
- Against the Aces on Tuesday, May 26, at 6:38 p.m.
The Scouting Report
Last season, the Iowa Cubs were edged out of the playoffs by a mere 2.5 games. The culprits were the Omaha Storm Chasers, who went on to win a third Pacific Coast League title in four seasons. But come this April—once the grounds crew finishes planting each standalone blade of grass in the outfield—the I-Cubs will pick up where they left off, looking for that extra push to playoff success in 2015.
On June 14, 2008, the Iowa Cubs played a home game in front of a total of zero fans. The empty ballpark was the result of flooding throughout Des Moines. It was also another strange footnote added to a long line of odd occurrences that have come into play in the baseball history of Iowa’s capital.
The marriage between Des Moines and baseball stretches back to 1887, before cars roamed the streets and robots were considered for managerial positions. Teams came and went over the years, until 1969, when the Iowa Oaks debuted as part of the American Association. Finally, in 1981, the Oaks became the top minor-league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, and they were renamed a year later. Under the direction of the big-league Cubs, the Iowa Cubs have enjoyed several bouts of success, highlighted by an American Association league title in 1993.