- $15 for two tickets to McToberfest 2014 (up to $30 value)
- When: Saturday, October 18, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Irish American Heritage Center
- General admission
- Includes German and Irish buffet; drinks available for purchase
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- What it is: an Irish take on Octoberfest
- What that means: German and Irish music, German and Irish refreshments, and live entertainment, all inside an Irish pub
- The pub: the Irish American Heritage Center’s Fifth Province, redecorated as a German beer hall for the event
- The refreshments: Irish and German beer and food will be available for purchase—think shepherd’s pie, sauerkraut, Harp, and Hacker-Pschorr
- The music: German songs by Frank K Duo and Company; Irish folk melodies by One of the Girls; dancing by Identity Irish Dancers
Irish American Heritage Center
Occupying a building that sprang up at the turn of the 20th century, the Irish American Heritage Center (IAHC) somehow manages to cram Ireland into one of Chicago’s city blocks. Work from Irish artists hangs in the building’s art gallery, books from Irish authors fill its library, Irish plays light up its 658-seat theater, and Irish food and drinks delight the crowd on the main floor at the Fifth Province Pub. The IAHC also has a knowledgeable staff of instructors, who teach classes on everything from Irish dance and music to Irish language and genealogy.