- $25 for two tickets to the Irish American Heritage Festival (up to $30 value)
- When: Friday, July 10, or Sunday, July 12
- Where: Irish American Heritage Center
- Door time: 6 p.m. on Friday; 10 a.m. on Sunday
Irish American Heritage Festival
- The Event: a celebration of Irish culture, music, and food
- The Entertainment: live sets from acts including the Muck Brothers and the Westies, with Michael McDermott, live dance performances and activities such as the Hooley Hook Up for singles and the Men in Kilts Contest.
- The Cause: proceeds benefit the Irish American Heritage Center
- Click here to view the full festival lineup
Irish American Heritage Center
Occupying a building that sprang up at the turn of the 20th century, the Irish American Heritage Center (IAHC) somehow manages to cram Ireland into one of Chicago’s city blocks. Work from Irish artists hangs in the building’s art gallery, books from Irish authors fill its library, Irish plays light up its 658-seat theater, and Irish food and drinks delight the crowd on the main floor at the Fifth Province Pub. The IAHC also has a knowledgeable staff of instructors, who teach classes on everything from Irish dance and music to Irish language and genealogy.